CAFE: A gathering place. A place of refreshment.

Thirsty for the latest releases in Christian fiction? Ready for a peek into the world of publishing and writing conferences? Hungry for spiritual and real-life nourishment? Pull up a seat; you're in the right place, and I'm so glad you've stopped by.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

MAKING MEMORIES

Christmas has come and gone. We had good weather, safe travels, and only one person became ill and had to delay spending Christmas with the family, so overall it was all good. As usual, pictures tell the story much better than I could, so enjoy some of my favorite holiday shots.
My dad (where we celebrated Christmas Eve), my nephew Jonathan, and grandson Nash
Allison read the Christmas story in Luke

The kiddos - Andy, Amy, James, & Allison

Part of our exotic menu - Wild Alaskan Adventure

Grandson Drake (who made the food labels) with my sisters

The oldest & youngest of our family. Two lovely ladies!

Our princess, who it turns out likes soccer balls and cell phones better than dolls.

Allison with the twins and our niece, Avery
We've been blessed with wonderful parents, siblings, a houseful of kids and grandkids, and time to spend making memories with them.
Beginning this week, I'll be returning to my regularly scheduled posts about books and writing. First up will be my list of favorite books in 2008 - see you then.
In the meantime, what was your best Christmas memory this year? Don't be shy!

1 comment:

Erica Vetsch said...

I love the picture of the oldest and youngest ladies in your family. What a treasure!

Best thing about Christmas...I absolutely LOVE the Christmas Eve service at our little church. We had maybe 25 people? All the candlelight, the hush, the expectancy, the music, the gentle reminders of the true reason we're celebrating...sigh. I look forward to that service all year.