We’ve had our theater tickets for months! I’m a huge fan of Broadway musicals, and after hearing my daughter-in-law rave about WICKED, we coughed up the $$ for five tickets. Hubby and me, our son and daughter-in-law (Happy early birthday Allison), and our twelve-year-old grandson. The three-hour show was even better than all the hype, so without giving anything away—here’s what I learned from WICKED:
- The Emerald City is really, REALLY green. Dazzling, neon, hurt-your-eyes green!
- Having a best friend of another color is a “good” thing.
- Things are not always as they seem. Nor are people.
- Being swept up in an over-the-top fantasy erases the cares of the world, if only for a few hours.
- The world would be a lot more fun with more flying monkeys.
- Seeing the delight in my grandson’s eyes was totally worth the price of the tickets.
Hope you’ve all taken the time to do something fun this summer. I’m glad we did.