THE GREATEST BOOK SHOW ON EARTH in Jefferson, Texas kicks off tomorrow with the Clown Alley Author Dinner. The annual Pulpwood Queens Girlfriend Weekend is hosted by Kathy Patrick - the queen of books, hair, literacy efforts, and now - THE CIRCUS!
This is the twelvth anniversary of Girlfriend Weekend, but only my second year to attend. I've been looking forward to it since the drive home last year. Some of the highlights on the program this year:
- Tina Sloan (long running star of The Guiding Light) presenting part of her one-woman show Changing Shoes.
- Deeanne Gist will be doing her BOTTOMS UP show featuring an intimate look at a Victorian woman's undergarments.
- Keynote Speaker John Berendt, author of My Baby Blue Jays and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
- Jenny Wingfield, author and film and television writer of The Man in the Moon fame.
- Elaine Clark, radio voice-over star who will speak on There's Money Where Your Mouth Is.
In addition, a slew of fantastic authors will speak on panels all day Friday and Saturday with evening shows unparalleled on this side of the earth - Pretty in Pink Prom Night and The Great Big Ball of Hair with live music and more fun than is legal in the great state of Texas.
The real stars, though, are the book club members who hail from all over the US - delightful readers who've become friends.
|Author Servers at the 2011 Author Dinner to kick things off on Thursday evening.|
Don't you wish you were running away with me???? My costumes are ready, and I can't wait. I'll be back next week with loads of pics and the full report.