CAFE: A gathering place. A place of refreshment.

Thirsty for the latest releases in Christian fiction? Ready for a peek into the world of publishing and writing conferences? Hungry for spiritual and real-life nourishment? Pull up a seat; you're in the right place, and I'm so glad you've stopped by.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY



This is one of my favorite holidays. Not only do I get to wear my favorite color (red), but it's also one of those low-stress holidays. Not much cooking required. No gifts to buy. Just time to be with family or friends and celebrate the sweet freedom we have as Americans. I always choke up when the national anthem is played during the fireworks displays. I'm reminded again of the precious gift of being a US citizen. It's not something I'm entitled to or deserving of . . . just another facet of God's grace. So, on this day of celebration, I'll be saluting the flag and giving thanks to our Sovereign Lord for his watchful eye over us and outstretched arms that embrace us.

May your day be filled with all things wonderful as well.

1 comment:

Erica Vetsch said...

Happy 4th to you too! Enjoy your day!



And Red's my favorite color too. :)