CAFE: A gathering place. A place of refreshment.

Thirsty for the latest releases in Christian fiction? Ready for a peek into the world of publishing and writing conferences? Hungry for spiritual and real-life nourishment? Pull up a seat; you're in the right place, and I'm so glad you've stopped by.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fa-la-la-la-la!

Tis the season! I wish I were one of those early shoppers who had all my gifts purchased, wrapped, and under the tree by the day after Thanksgiving, but I'm not. As a matter of fact, I don't even have a list made yet, so if you're out there and still want to get your request in to me, it's not too late.

I like to think that I'm a more in-the-moment kinda person. We had a great Thanksgiving with three of our four sons, two daughters-in-law, five of the grandkids, and Max's mom and sister, Connie. Lovely day. Instead of the kitchen marathon, we ordered a dinner from the local grocery, heated it up, added a few favorite side dishes, and enjoyed time with one another. What a blessing.

So, before the Thanksgiving weekend slips away, here are a few pics from our day.

Allison & the twins

The Fab Five

Mimi, Drake, & Jorgen

Check out the matching animal print outfits!

The newlyweds

Connie & Max with Mom

Nash & Jorgen

I got the Christmas tree decorated and the Nativity scenes in place today, so tomorrow it's back to work. I'm very excited about a new writing project. Also, would love to hear what project you're working on. Just don't tell me that you have your Christmas shopping done. La-la-la-la! I don't want to hear it.

2 comments:

Myra Johnson said...

Fun family pix! We had a pretty good visit in Texas, then came home and decorated for Christmas. Alas, now to figure out how to cram work hours into the seemingly inescapable holiday madness.

Anne Mateer said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hasn't even thought about my Christmas list! Now if I could just get the tree up!

Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving.