CAFE: A gathering place. A place of refreshment.

Thirsty for the latest releases in Christian fiction? Ready for a peek into the world of publishing and writing conferences? Hungry for spiritual and real-life nourishment? Pull up a seat; you're in the right place, and I'm so glad you've stopped by.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 20

Day 20. The Letter T.


It’s no secret that I have a special attachment to the little state south of the one where I now live. Although I’m a Sooner born and bred and proud of my Oklahoma roots, I moved to Texas when I was two and grew up there. Max and I honeymooned in Dallas and later lived many wonderful years there. Two of our boys were born in Texas as well as two of my grandsons. And I do admit that when I cross the Red River, a small part of me sighs – Home.

So today I’m grateful for the privilege of being a Texan a few times in my life, for the sweet memories, and for the friends who still live there. You know who you are.

No comments: